Grounds for a divorce
A judge was interviewing a lady regarding her pending divorce, and he asked her, "What are the grounds for your divorce?"
She replied, "About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by.
- No," he said, "I mean what is the foundation of this case?
- Why, it is made of concrete, of course," she responded.
"I mean," he continued, "what are your relations like?
- I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, as well as my husband's parents."
He said, "Do you have a real grudge?
- No," she replied, "we have a two-car carport and have never really needed one.
- Please," he tried again, "is there any infidelity in your marriage?
- Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don't necessarily like the music, but the answer to your question is 'yes'.
- Ma'am, does your husband ever beat you up?
- Yes," she responded, "about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do."
Finally, frustrated and at the end of his rope, the judge asked, "Lady, why do you want a divorce?
- Oh, I don't want a divorce," she replied. "I've never wanted a divorce. It's my husband that does. He says he can't communicate with me."